Cigna Medical Insurance Main Covers
Cigna Healthguard in the Middle East encompasses the entire healthcare lifecycle, from pre-hospitalization to treatment and post-hospitalization. The health insurance plan you select will depend on the regions you need coverage in (GCC countries or worldwide), and the level of hospitals covered in the network will be based on your need and budget.
All three tiers of core health insurance plans have common value-added components, across categories:
- Inpatient and day-patient hospital treatment/accommodation
- Outpatient consultations and tests
- Prescription drugs and supplements
- Mental health care
- Cancer treatment
- Pre-existing and chronic conditions
- Minimum DHA prescribed maternity care
- Out of area emergency cover
In addition to this, you may add modules according to the individual requirements. As a busy officegoer, you may want to add regular checkups with the Health Connect module. If you are planning for family health insurance, then the maternity and newborn care will provide extended support throughout the process. As an expatriate, the medical evacuation and repatriation module might be critical for you.
Then there is the outpatient medical treatment option which adds value to any family unit, especially an extended one, with inclusions like specialist consultations, diagnostic tests, physiotherapy services, adult vaccinations and more.
Health Insurance Product Summary
The medical insurance plans offered by Cigna Healthguard are primarily based on the network of hospitals you would like access to and the regions that you may want coverage in. The Network Tier offers four choices:
- General Plus
- Comprehensive excluding American Hospital Dubai (AHD)
The Healthguard Regional plan, which covers all GCC countries except Singapore, Hong Kong and China, offers the inclusions below.
- Overall annual benefit limit (lower tier): AED 2,750,000
- Coverage within the countries of the GCC, other Middle East countries and Asia (excluding Singapore, Hong Kong and China)
- Flexibility to select your network tier
- Optional/ Healthy Connect module
- Optional Mother and Baby Care module
Healthguard Regional, Lebanon
Cigna offers an extensive network in Lebanon, in partnership with GlobeMed Lebanon SAL, a leading healthcare benefits management company and third-party administrator. This provides Cigna‘s customers access to GlobeMed’s vast network of over 1,600 healthcare providers across the region.
Healthguard Regional, UAE/ Kuwait/ Oman
In the UAE, Cigna has partnered with the extensive health network of Neuron, a leading third-party provider) to provide maximum healthcare facilities in each plan.
Healthguard Regional, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Cigna has tied up with an iconic insurer in KSA, the Saudi Arabian Cooperative Insurance Company, with 60 years of experience in the region.