About Critical Illness Insurance
Critical illness refers to terminal diseases like cancer, heart or brain stroke, paralysis, coma, organ failure, or organ replacement that require intensive and high—end treatment or surgeries. Treatment of these types of diseases involves exorbitant costs which might be much more than the coverage provided by standard health insurance. Hence, insurance providers offer health plans specifically designed to cover specified critical ailments to prevent financial derailment of the insured. A patient suffering from critical diseases will need a health plan that provides benefits like:
- Treatment or surgical expenses
- Medicinal expenses
- Diagnostic and pathology expenses
- Critical therapies expenses like chemo, radiation, or physiotherapy
- Transportation and repatriation expenses
- Ancillary services expenses
Benefits of having a Critical Care Plan
A critical care plan helps one with the financial help needed during a medical emergency. Many insurance service providers have a dedicated critical care team to help policy holders to receive maximum output from their health plans. Here are some benefits of having a Critical Care Plan:
- Life cover – Critical care insurance plans provide live coverage to the policyholder and pay out a lump sum amount to the nominees of the insured in case of an unfortunate event.
- Critical illness benefit - If diagnosed with any of the specified critical illnesses, the policyholder will receive a lump sum pay-out.
- Accidental death benefit – In case of accidental death of the policyholder, the nominees will receive the death benefit sum assured.
- Disability benefit – On the occasion of permanent disability due to an accident or any of the specified critical illnesses, the policyholder will receive the disability benefits.
- Low premiums – Critical care plans may have low premiums as they can be avail availed only if the insured is diagnosed with the specified critical ailments.
What does Critical Insurance cover?
Critical insurance plans cover critical ailments that are typically not covered by standard insurance plans. Following are some coverages offered by Critical illness insurance:
- By-pass surgery
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain surgery
- Expenses for critical medical services
- Expenses of treatments not covered by traditional health plans
- Transportation expenses
- Cost of amputation surgeries
- Expenses of specified organ transplant surgeries
However, critical illness insurance may not cover some types of cancer and certain chronic diseases. Critical care insurances may also not issue pay-outs on relapse of certain ailments like second instances of stroke and likewise. Insurance coverage may also be reduced or stopped at a certain age.
Cigna’s Clinical Case Management Program
Recovering or fighting critical illnesses requires assistive services along with financial support, to improve health outcomes. Cigna’s clinical care team aims to ensure its clients receive the best care possible. Furthermore, our clinical case management aims to look after the comfort and well-being of the patient keeping in mind the treatment procedures yet ensuring maximum health outcomes. We strive to offer the best-in-class clinical resources at both domestic and international levels so that our clients receive the best assistance in times of medical emergency. Our dedicated team of healthcare professionals provides the necessary clinical programs for every kind of health requirement enabling the patient to access their treatment in their desired location.